Favorite Daily Quotations

Custom Search

Friday, December 31, 2010

If I Live Again - A Proud Monrovian Liberian

By:Ernest Garnark Smith,Jr.

 Oh that fateful November afternoon; did I ever have a choice to make?
Could I have ever had a say concerning my humble birth?
Who told the pessimists that Destiny is partial?
Who dares question my cherished heritage and distinct identity?


That I was born 23rd November is a destined and blissful event……..
Yes, that circumstance surrounding my birth made me modestly distinct I appreciate!
That I’m the fruit of an affluent cultural heritage I valued becuz Divine providence is fair….
O sweet Liberia, becuz you’re the land of my pride and birth, I remain a free man even in the next world….
 

Halo the ghettos of Center and Gurley Streets-my precious breeding site and childhood domain; do you miss me?
Shame upon those who for decades gave up on all your youths………
Hey the friendly and quiet Palmgroove Cemetery-my childhood playground; it is true that you’re now beautified?
How’s that romantic union of the peaceful Atlantic Ocean and the calm Du-River at West Point-the greatest Key?
Can I still enjoy for free and pleasure that colonial view of Christopolis from Ducor?


Ha! Ha!!Ha!!!Garnark burst into laughter as he reflects on his then teen age’s Center and Gurley Streets lifestyle……..

Woe to the doubters of your youths’ potentials-let them note that Alijumah Toure, Mobutu Samuels, Garnark and many more grew up in your craggy ghettos but do transcend ghetto’s lifestyle……
In my youthful innocence the famous Palmgroove Cementary was my quiet and favourite play and relaxation resort….
O my childish bravery that enthuse me to fearlessly daily swim at that dreadful yet sensational point where the affectionate Du-River kisses the Atlantic Ocean with immense passion!
O how art thou fallen into ruin? Wonderful Ducor Palace Hotel and Hill, the city’s site seeing point, I miss you even in your wreck!

Can Garnark live again? O yes! If I live again!

If I live again, a proud Monrovian Liberian I yearn to be……
If I live again, a selfless November 23rd born I’ll be……..
If I live again, Garnark, my traditional name which depict my roots I’ll for life blessed value!
If I live again, my earnest wish-a proud Monrovian Liberian and humanitarian I beseech Destiny to divinely make me!

_____________________
Author’s note: The above poem is dedicated to all youths worldwide who did not choose but had to grow up in ghettos and rugged environments but by Divine Destiny transcends the lifestyle of the ghettos and is meaningfully contributing their quotas to serve and revive humanity! It’s also a motivational verse and source of hope for the many more youths who are still languishing in rugged hoods and ghettos addicted to drugs, crimes and have given up on society, themselves and even God! Hey Brothas and fellas out there wake up; shake off the dust; buckle up your hustles and potentials boots; trust Him and work and press forward just a little harder-U can redeem the time! You’re Alive Again

No comments:

Post a Comment